Designer Brands Inc. day trading at USD 7.3 per share, then rallying to 7.39 and closing at USD 6.66 per share. A net loss of -8.76% for the day. Long term pricing analysis shows the stock trading at 62.92% lower than it’s 52week high and -154.81% higher than the 52week low. The share volume traded for the day was 4,159K which was 2 times the 50 Day Average Volume.
Designer Brands Inc. had a market cap of 477,108K as of 19th June 2020. The Earnings Per Share (EPS) for Q4 2019 is $-2.14.
Designer Brands Inc. is an American footwear retailer of designer and name brand shoes and fashion accessories. The retailer has over 500 stores in the United States and an e-commerce website. The company also owns private-label footwear brands including Audrey Brooke, Kelly & Katie, Lulu Townsend, and Poppie Jones.
Designer Brands Inc. Reports First Quarter Of Fiscal 2020.
- Net sales decreased by 44.7% to $482.8 million.
- Comparable sales decreased by 42.3% for the first quarter of fiscal 2020 compared to a 3.0% increase in the first quarter of fiscal 2019.
- Reported consolidated gross profit decreased $285.8 million to a loss of $26.5 million in the first quarter as compared to a profit of $259.3 million in the same period last year. This was primarily driven by increased inventory markdown activity and the resulting increase in inventory reserves of $84.0 million over the same period last year, higher shipping costs associated with an increase in digital penetration, and the deleveraging of distribution and fulfillment and store occupancy expenses on lower sales volume.
- Recorded impairment charges of $112.5 million as a result of the material reduction in net sales and cash flows due to the temporary closure of all stores.
- Reported net loss was $215.9 million, or $3.00 loss per diluted share, including pre-tax charges totaling $112.3 million, or $1.17 per diluted share, primarily related to impairment charges, integration and restructuring expenses, and COVID-19 incremental costs, partially offset by governmental credits the Company is able to claim.
- Adjusted net loss was $131.8 million, or $1.83 loss per diluted share.
Designer Brands Inc. (19th June 2020): The Institutional Ownership as of today stood at 101.38% and the Total Value of Holdings (millions) is $ 471.
New Institutional Holders and other activity – As of today, the total number of shares held is 64,789,769 by 245 institutional holders.
18-June-2020:- Designer Brands Inc. Reports First Quarter 2020 Financial Results
Net sales decreased by 44.7% to $482.8 million. Comparable sales decreased by 42.3% for the first quarter of fiscal 2020 compared to a 3.0% increase in the first quarter of fiscal 2019. Reported consolidated gross profit decreased $285.8 million to a loss of $26.5 million in the first quarter as compared to a profit of $259.3 million in the same period last year.