BancorpSouth Bank day trading at USD 19.47 per share, then rallying to 20.5 and closing at USD 20.4 per share. A net gain of 4.77% for the day. Long term pricing analysis shows the stock trading at 37.82% lower than it’s 52week high and -12.61% higher than the 52week low. The share volume traded for the day was 529K which was 0 times the 50 Day Average Volume.
BancorpSouth Bank had a market cap of 2,093,702K as of 18th May 2020. The Earnings Per Share (EPS) for Q4 2019 is $ 2.00.
BancorpSouth Bank is a bank holding company headquartered in Tupelo, Mississippi with operations in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas, and Illinois. In 1876, Raymond Trice and Company received a charter to create a bank in its hardware store in Verona, Mississippi.
BancorpSouth Bank Reports the First Quarter Of Fiscal 2020.
- Achieved quarterly net income available to common shareholders of $21.9 million, or $0.21 per diluted common share and net operating income available to common shareholders – excluding MSR – of $34.4 million, or $0.33 per diluted common share.
- Recorded provision for credit losses of $46.0 million primarily as a result of the impact of the coronavirus (“COVID-19”) pandemic on the economic factors included in the Company’s allowance for credit losses methodology; implemented Accounting Standards Update 2016-13 “Financial Instruments – Credit Losses” (“CECL”) effective January 1, 2020.
- Generated $91.7 million in pre-tax pre-provision net revenue, or 1.74 percent of average assets on an annualized basis, which represents an increase from 1.63 percent for the first quarter of 2019 and an increase from 1.68 percent for the fourth quarter of 2019.
- Mortgage production volume of $477.1 million contributed to mortgage production and servicing revenue of $20.6 million; earnings were negatively impacted by a pre-tax mortgage servicing rights (“MSR”) valuation adjustment of $11.1 million.
- Completed the acquisition of Texas First Bancshares, Inc., the parent company of Texas First State Bank, effective January 1, 2020, which added $185 million in loans and $370 million in deposits to the Company’s Central Texas presence; merger-related expenses totaled $4.5 million for the quarter.
- Repurchased 3.3 million shares of outstanding common stock at a weighted average price of $26.42 per share.
- Maintained strong regulatory capital metrics; estimated total risk-based capital of 13.73 percent on March 31, 2020, compared to 11.55 percent on March 31, 2019.
- Net interest revenue was $167.5 million for the first quarter of 2020, an increase of 9.8 percent from $152.6 million for the first quarter of 2019, and a decrease of 1.9 percent from $170.8 million for the fourth quarter of 2019.
BancorpSouth Bank (18th May 2020): The Institutional Ownership as of today stood at 62.55% and the Total Value of Holdings (millions) is $ 1,206.
New Institutional Holders and other activity – As of today, the total number of shares held is 65,379,626 by 247 institutional holders.
6-May-2020:- BancorpSouth Bank Raises Stock Holdings in Intel Co. (NASDAQ: INTC)
BancorpSouth Bank raised its holdings in shares of Intel Co. (NASDAQ: INTC) by 1.7% during the first quarter, according to its most recent disclosure with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). The fund owned 172,971 shares of the chip maker’s stock after acquiring an additional 2,936 shares during the period.
6-May-2020:- BancorpSouth Bank Purchases 8,401 Shares of Exxon Mobil Co. (NYSE: XOM)
BancorpSouth Bank boosted its position in shares of Exxon Mobil Co. (NYSE: XOM) by 7.8% during the 1st quarter, according to its most recent Form 13F filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission. The firm owned 116,379 shares of the oil and gas company’s stock after acquiring an additional 8,401 shares during the period.
5-May-2020:- Facebook, Inc. (NASDAQ: FB) Stake Reduced by BancorpSouth Bank – Modern Readers
BancorpSouth Bank reduced its stake in shares of Facebook, Inc. (NASDAQ: FB) by 10.3% in the first quarter, Holdings Channel.com reports. The institutional investor owned 2,180 shares of the social networking company’s stock after selling 249 shares during the period. BancorpSouth Bank’s holdings in Facebook were worth $364,000 as of its most recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).